You don’t need to be Oprah to make your favorite things list
I know I’m not the only one who looks forward to seeing what’s on Oprah’s Favorite Things List every year. It is THE list but it’s not the only list. We all have a favorite things list in us; we just need to compile and share it.
There are several advantages to having a list of your favorite things in Giftster.
Gift givers can’t go wrong if they give you something off of it for your birthday or Christmas or just because.
It’s a great place for people to refer to when they think, “hey – what was that great tea I had at Aimee’s last week? She said it was her favorite.”
If your life is as busy as mine, you may need a central place to keep the links for those things you like the most. Pull up your Giftster list on your computer, smartphone or tablet and BOOM – info for your favorite things right at your fingertips.
And the very cool thing about maintaining your list on Giftster — you can add to it all year round. So when you find that little something that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy and happy inside, throw it on your list. Make sure your list is shared with your group so others can see it as well.
Need a little help building your favorite things list? Here’s a little inspiration checklist:
– What’s your favorite snack? (something you like to keep on hand or something that’s a real treat for you to have every so often)
– What’s your favorite beverage? (wine, spirit, coffee, tea; make sure to list where to buy it)
– What’s your favorite restaurant? (wouldn’t it be great if someone surprised you with a reservation?!)
– Do you have a hobby? What kind of supplies are your favorites? (I crochet so for me, it’s yarn and hooks; the more, the better!)
– What’s your favorite leisure activity? (golf, going to the movies, bowling, reading, etc., etc., etc…)
– What’s your favorite sports team? (Or….if sports isn’t your thing, make sure to list it on your gift preference profile)
– What is your favorite indulgence? (What’s that one thing you LOVE but never buy for yourself or only buy on special occasions? Godiva Chocolate, anyone?)
– Where is your favorite place to visit? (Could be a museum, a city, a bed and breakfast, a spa…the sky’s the limit!)
– What’s your favorite everyday product? (Even the little things like lotions, shampoos, perfume/cologne; always nice to get those little things that you won’t have to add to your shopping list later.)
– What’s your favorite store? (Could be clothes, groceries, books, music, toys, electronics, specialty, yada…yada…yada….)
– What’s your favorite charity? (Or, if you truly would like to receive nothing personal for yourself, make your entire list charities you’d love others to support.)
Want to see what a favorite things wish list looks like? Check out mine!
Read through my favorite things list. These are a few of my own personal “raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.”
If you haven’t used Giftster yet, this is what your wish list could look like. Create a group to share it with your family and friends and ask them to create their lists, too.
Start using Giftster today. It’s free. It’s fun. And your family will thank you for it.