At Giftster, we know birthdays and can appreciate a really good birthday cake. As if we need a reason to eat cake – celebrating a birthday is an excellent one.
To inspire your next birthday celebration, we’ve compiled 50 delicious birthday cake recipes that are perfect for anyone you want to celebrate – from kids to co-workers and picky eaters to baking connoisseurs.
Birthday Cakes for Kids
1. Rainbow Cake: For a treat full of color and fun, create this beautiful rainbow layer cake.
2. Pinata Cake: You can fill a piñata cake with your choice of treats or candies for a fun and delicious surprise.
3. Cake Pops: An enjoyable cross between a cake and a lollipop, these cake pops are bite-size balls of happiness for kids.
4. Funfetti Cake: Even the adults at a kid’s birthday party will rave about this moist cake with sprinkles and layers of buttercream.
5. Pink Ombre Cake: This beautiful pink cake will make a birthday girl feel special.
6. Chocolate Sprinkle Cake: This cake has chocolate and sprinkles. What more could a kid ask for on their birthday?
7. Milk and Cookies Cake: Any kid who loves cookies will also love this cake made from layers of fluffy white cake and edible cookie dough.
8. Strawberry Cake: If your kids love strawberries, they’ll love this fresh tasting, pink strawberry birthday cake.
Adult-Beverage Themed Birthday Cakes
9. Chocolate Guinness Cake: With a combination of rich chocolate and dark Guinness, there won’t be a crumb left of this cake.
10. Coffee and Baileys Cake: This vanilla cake is flavored with Baileys and layered with chocolate ganache and a coffee Baileys Swiss meringue buttercream.
11. Champagne Cake: Try making this champagne cake that is filled with strawberries and iced with champagne Italian meringue buttercream.
12. Red Wine Chocolate Cake: This rich cake tastes just a little boozy and not too chocolatey, the perfect balance for a fan of red wine.
13. Margarita Cake: If you like tequila and lime, you’ll love this tender and moist cake with layers of margarita flavor.
14. Caribbean Style Rum Cake: This cake looks simple, but it has a lot of rum and is sure to keep the birthday party going.
15. Espresso Martini Cake: You’ll love celebrating with this boozy, tiramisu-inspired cake.
Birthday Cakes with Unique Flavors
16. Candy Cane Cake: This peppermint cake is perfect for birthdays around the winter holidays, or for anyone who loves a minty treat.
17. Snickerdoodle Cake: Turn the classic cookie into a crowd-pleasing birthday cake with vanilla cake, pockets of cinnamon, and brown sugar cinnamon buttercream.
18. Lavender Cake: For a light, floral flavor, try this beautiful and delicious lavender cake with cream cheese icing.
19. Coconut Italian Wedding Cake: Delicate coconut cake layers, coconut whipped cream frosting, and toasted coconut flakes make up this birthday cake.
20. Matcha Cake: Matcha’s unique earthy flavor is the highlight of this sweet, green layered cake with buttercream.
21. Hummingbird Cake: Hummingbird cake is a sweet combination of banana and pineapple paired with cream cheese frosting.
22. Cinnamon Roll Cake: This unique birthday cake recipe tastes just like a cinnamon roll.
23. Espresso Chocolate Chip Cake: This delicious birthday cake recipe gives a whole new meaning to coffee cake.
Chocolate-Lovers Birthday Cakes
24. Red Velvet Cake: This soft, chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting is a classic.
25. Triple Chocolate Cake: No chocolate lover will be able to resist the chocolate frosting, chocolate chips, and moist chocolate cake.
26. Chocolate Lava Cake: There’s nothing quite like melted, fudgy chocolate inside a chocolate cake.
27. Double Chocolate Malt Cake: This cake combines the richness of chocolate with the flavor of malt for a salty kick.
28. White Chocolate Cake: This delicious and beautiful birthday cake has layers of white chocolate.
29. German Chocolate Cake: If you know chocolate, you know German chocolate cake, with its chocolate cake and coconut frosting.
30. Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake: This cake adds salt and caramel to decadent chocolate.
31. Easy Chocolate Cake: Sometimes, you just need an easy but amazing chocolate birthday cake.
Non-Cake Birthday Cakes
32. Watermelon Cake: Make a birthday cake out of a fresh slice of watermelon, cream, and sliced fruit.
33. Rice Crispy Birthday Cake: Top a giant rice-crispy treat with rich buttermilk frosting.
34. Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake: This traditional giant chocolate chip cookie is a tasty birthday treat.
35. Funfetti Pancakes: Combine a birthday with breakfast with these sprinkle-filled pancakes.
36. Ice Cream Cake: Create a cake out of layers of chocolate and vanilla ice cream.
37. Doughnut Cake: With doughnuts and a big drizzle of fudge sauce, you can make this creative birthday cake.
38. Cheese Wheel Cake: For a savory twist on a birthday cake, try one made out of cheese wheels.
Birthday Cakes for Dietary Restrictions
39. Keto Vanilla Cake: This cake is sugar free and low carb, and perfect for a keto birthday.
40. Vegan Chocolate Cake: This amazing chocolate cake is compliant with a vegan way of eating.
41. Gluten Free Vanilla Cake: With its light and airy cake layers, this gluten-free cake tastes delicious.
42. 100 Calorie Chocolate Cake: This low-calorie, delicious recipe just proves that you can have your birthday cake, and eat it, too.
43. Healthy Carrot Cake: This cake is gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and full of vegetables.
44. Dairy-Free Vanilla Cake: This moist vanilla cake is dairy-free and tastes delicious.
45. Fat-Free Cake: This two-ingredient fluff cake is fat-free and incredibly easy to make.
Shaped Birthday Cakes
46. Pull-Apart Cupcake Cake: For an easy birthday cake in any shape, try one made out of cupcakes.
47. Number Cake: Celebrate the age of the birthday guy or gal with a cake in the shape of a number.
48. Sphere Cake: If you can turn a cake into a sphere, you can use it for birthday themes like sports, space, or disco.
49. Vertical Striped Cake: Flip your cake layers for a unique shape and style.
50. Tiered Cake: You usually see these at weddings, but try a stacked cake to feed a birthday crowd.
Looking for other birthday gift inspiration? Visit giftster.com to create free birthday wish lists and share them between family or close friends in a wish list sharing group. Set it up once and use it year-round for anniversaries, holidays, or just-because gifts. Your family will thank you 🙌